المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Star Academy, Big brother (bait al Ra'is) and Parenthood

العاصمي
16-03-04, 10:12 AM
Dear Friends,

At a gliple I have see our children take a keen enterest on those earlier versions of the dreaded "DAJJAL"! , like "STAR ACEDEMY and SUPER STAR". I just would like to pass on this thought to everyone and let them judge by themselves. My conclusion.....The war is on ISLAM and IT'S Values

Thanks

Star Academy, Big brother (bait al Ra'is) and Parenthood

Since having a daughter (she's 3 Years old) and a son (he's almost 2years old) I have been having a lot of feelings, thoughts, emotions that I never experienced before. Recently, I had been fast forwarding life by 10-15 years and day dreaming. Like any loving parent, I would like everything to be a ideal for my daughter. In terms of education, lifestyle and environment etc and have what I didn't

There's a new TV hit that has most of your youngsters glued to their TV sets. We have the 'Star Academy' on LBC', 'Big brother' on MBC and another one is coming on Future TV and Allah (SWT) knows what channel is next

For those who haven't been told by their kids what these programs are about,let me do that briefly. Take the example of Big brother, they have taken 12 boys and girls, put them in a house to live together for up to three months

Once you enter, there is no leaving unless you want to quit, the purpose is that you outlive the rest, you have to be the last one to remain and win 100,000 $ and fame. Every week, the group has to vote one person out of the house. You are allowed to use every method possible to win, ganging up on one member, lying, cheating, deception, back stabbing, just anything that would make you win. Of course the winner has to be the most cunning of them all

As I said, this is a very popular hit, every Friday kids gather around the TV eager to know who would be the victim this week and the winners that get to stay on in the house. They show clips of the recent developments in the house all week. It is a terrifying thought for me that my daughter would wish to be in one of these houses. They get so intimate, dressed and acting like they are at home, as though that is not enough, every psychological evil going through their innocent and tender minds. This is a new WAR, a war on our values, principals, ethics, morals and whatever we are left with from our faith. Because to win this game, you have to use every evil in you, you have get all the others out to win. So you cannot have mercy or love for the other members if you want to be the winner. I shiver at the thought that my daughter drops off every good characteristic that took me a lifetime to engrave in her, by the way of behaviour, mindset, approach etc all to be discarded away at some show

This makes the Hijab war in France and Tunisa (and Allah (SWT) knows where else) an appetizer. Because Hijab is physical, this war touches at the depths of their delicate heart and minds. It teaches them, to succeed, you have to be evil......lie, cheat, backstab, deceptive, trick, turn against, and it is all 'cool' at the end of the day, you are the winner! You get fame and wealth for that. It is such a contrast to what I was taught at childhood, I was separated from playing with girls from a tender age, even my peers bullied me if I played with girls by labelling me 'sissy'. I had red hot chilly put in my mouth for lying and got a got spanking for harming the neighbours child. I had to respect all others, never lie or harm them, never steal etc. It took my dear parents, many hard years and even harder efforts to make me a good human being. Now someone tells me the opposite is right? How on earth can the opposite be right?

How can I safe guard my daughter from these wars? What do I teach her?

Should I pass the upbringing I had to her? Now the missionaries of the DEVIL are right in our sitting rooms, living in the minds of our children

Ohh, My dear daughter, I would like you to know that I would fight this battle alongside you, with all the braveness your father has. May Allah (SWT) guide us to His path and strengthen us in striving to His path

Al-Asmi